Monday, December 27, 2010

Little Birdy

Hey folks! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Its been a wild ride this year, to say the least!

I finished a special carrier for a special cause today. It was auctioned and all of the proceeds are going to a dear family in need. Thankyou everyone for donating too, it is the very least we could do. I just love our community, it has given me faith in our 'village' culture!

Without further ado, I introduce to you Little Birdy.

Here she is with her hood up. I love this print so much, and it co-ordinates perfectly with the Teal denim.
100% hand driven appliqué - satin stitched on and then I followed the satin stitch with a triple straight stitch to make it POP!
Annnnnnd,,,,,.... PRINTED STRAPS! This print is a home decorating weight, so perfect to use on the straps! I only used the print for the top of the strap, I love the support the denim gives and didn't want to lose any of that goodness.

It felt so good making her, I loved the whole process. I hope Little Birdy loves her new home, and I hope her new family love her!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh that is stunning!